Position: Intensive Care - CMO
Contract: Permanent full time
Start Date: February 2021
Location: South-Eastern Victoria
Global Medics is currently arranging interviews for Intensive Care CMO's for a CICM accredited private hospital in central Victoria.
We currently have multiple opportunities for experienced CMO's to join their leading Intensive Care team on a fixed term or permanent basis. You will be working as part of a highly professional and enthusiastic team of specialists, junior medical staff and nursing staff providing CCU services. This position is suited to Medical Practitioners who have a keen interest or wish to gain further exposure in intensive care, and who are competent in providing quality medical care. You will be responsible for the delivery of medical services to the CCU, assisting with clinical reviews and immediate attendance at MET/CODES.
Our client is a contemporary private hospital in central Victoria providing health care services for people in central Victoria. The 144-bed facility and highly qualified medical practitioners cater to a wide variety of speciality medical and surgical admissions, plus allied health and community-based services including rehabilitation, physiotherapy and home nursing.
- CCU is 12 bed combined ICU and Coronary Care unit
- 80% of patients are post op
- 350 MET calls per year
- 800-900 admissions in CCU
- All high risk surgery are performed which includes;
- Thoracic, Plastic, major Urology, Colorectal
- Soon to start Bariatric Surgery
Located only a 2-hour drive from Melbourne, this city has a population of approximately 100,000. It is known for being a vibrant regional city with beautiful streets, stunning gardens and art galleries. The local area is full of wineries and cider makers, along with bush-walking spots and waterways, making it a perfect location for people who want to explore in their time off.
To be eligible for this position you must have:
- Full eligibility to work in Australia
- Current registration as Medical Practitioner with AHPRA OR eligibility for AHPRA via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Demonstrates strong interest and effective performance in managing critical patients in the CCU, with at least 3 years' ICU experience
- Demonstrated airway and line insertion skills
- Demonstrates sound problem-solving skills
- Proven highly developed interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) necessary to interact effectively with people in a variety of situations
- Demonstrates capacity to "multi-task", to deal with competing demands and timelines
- Demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative manner as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Demonstrated record of ethical and professional behaviour
- CICM accredited training unit
- Regular education
- Learn from leading Consultants
- Supportive working environment
For more information on the above opportunity or a confidential discussion, please apply today or call Ashlie on +61 439 848 951.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search