Position: HMO, General Medicine, PGY3+ Location: East Gippsland, Victoria Salary: As per State Award Contract: 2020 Training Year Fixed Term Full-Time, Fixed...
Position: Operations Team Member
Branch: Public Health Emergency Operations Centre (PHEOC)
Cluster: NSW Health
Location: St Leondards, Sydney
Type: Permanent Full Time
Salary: $115,596 p.a.
The Operations Team is within the PHEOC, working in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic. The purpose of this team is to provide high quality advice to the Eecutives and other stakeholders on the epidemiological, operational, laboratory and clinical aspects of the pandemic.
The team coordinates investigations with regards of COVID-19 clusters, especially where there are cross jurisdictional issues. They will also investigate high risk COVID 19 cases, such as health care workers or cases where a clear source of infection is not evident.
- Monitor situation relating to case data and provide appropriate reports to Operations Team, PHEOC Executive and other key stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate and participate in investigations into outbreaks, clusters or high-risk cases or other tasks as directed by the team leader
- Analyse epidemiological, laboratory and clinical data and provide reports to team leader within agreed timeframes
- Assist Team Leader to action operational aspects of the response including contact tracing management, surveillance, infection control recommendations, airport/seaport/school/community response coordination in partnership with external organizations and NSW Public Health Units
- Manage daily allocated work tasks including responsibilities for laboratory liaison, contact tracing and activity logging, as required
- Gather high-quality evidence to provide responses, advice and guidance for any media requests as directed by the Operations Team Manager or Team Leader.
- Assist Team Leader with preparation for the whole of PHEOC daily briefings, including reports, accurate data of new cases, updated information on cases and any ad-hoc information requests
- Maintain constant oversight of generic team inbox and alert the Team Leader promptly to any significant issues, trends or predictions
- Morning and Afternoon Shift work is a key requirement of this role. Shifts are 7 days per week with two
shift times. Currently, these are 8 am - 4 pm / 2 pm - 10 pm
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Excel, Word
- Demonstrated high-level problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills
- Previous practical experience in public health (e.g. public health officer, surveillance officer,
epidemiologist, public health physician (or registrar), registered nurse or doctor).
Qualifications/Experience - Highly Desirable
- Masters of Public Health or equivalent
- Knowledge and understanding of NSW Health policies, working process and guidelines
- Previous experience in investigation of management of outbreaks or infectious diseases
- Experience working within a Public Health Unit or clinical experience
Please contact Anne on 02 8928 2912 or email your CV