Emergency Department Consultant
Location: Regional - South Australia
Salary Packing: $313k - $514k p.a.
Permanent Full Time/ Part Time
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Emergency Physician to become part of a large progressive country hospital, providing clinical leadership within the wider hospital community. This position that offers a high level of autonomy, you will oversee all aspects of safe, evidence-based, efficient, patient-centred medical care within the Emergency Department.
The hospital provides acute services ranging from in-hospital care by local general practitioners to specialist surgical, obstetric, paediatric and anaesthetic services delivered by medical consultants.
You will work closely with colleagues, medical and nursing. As part of your role you will develop contemporary ED care processes, such as fast-tracking of patients, nurse-initiated strategies and nurse practitioner led clinics. Your role will also include working with hospital administration in future planning, as well as active engagement in Continuous Quality Improvement activities, including audit, morbidity and mortality review and patient complaint management.
Located halfway between Melbourne and Adelaide this location is known for the uniqueness of its natural setting. The city is located on south east of the state, about 450 kilometres south-east of the capital Adelaide and just 17 kilometres from the Victorian border, it is the most important settlement in the Limestone Coast region.
Known as the second most populated city in South Australia with an estimated urban population over 270,000. The city is famously known for its volcanic and limestone features. Best known scenery is Blue Lake, alongside this stunning geographic features, scenic nature spots, lush pine forests, world-famous wineries and a gorgeous coastline offering something for all to experience.
Benefits of this location:
- Escape from hustle and bustle of city life
- Take advantage of the endless possibilities for adventure, relaxation, recreation and sightseeing
- Experience cultural diversity, outback locations and regional city conveniences
- Work in innovative roles to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people
- Work closely with peers and community
- Expand your professional knowledge and skills across a vast range of clinical and non-clinical functions
- Make a real difference and feel like an important part of your community.
You will bring extensive experience in rural clinical practice, including the delivery of emergency care. You will have substantial experience in resuscitation, airway maintenance and circulatory support, which will go hand in hand with your proven track record in the operational management of retrievals of critically ill patients. High level skills in negotiation and communication are essential, as is the demonstrated ability to make decisions at both the clinical and the individual level. Past history will show experience in developing and delivering education sessions for all levels of clinical staff, reflecting a commitment to education and training of junior colleagues.
- Fellowship of the Australian College of Emergency Medicine
- Registered with Medical Board of Australia as a Medical Practitioner with Specialist Registration
For more information on the above opportunity please apply today or contact Anne Lim on 02 8248 2912.