Career Medical Officer (CMO) Emergency Medicine Location: South West VIC 60 minutes' drive from Melbourne CBD Salary: As per Award Period: Permanent...
Emergency Medicine Specialists (FACEMs)
Location: South West VIC - 60 minutes' drive from Melbourne CBD
Salary: Starting from $150 per hour (based on experience)
Period: Permanent part time or full time
We are currently arranging interviews for Emergency Medicine Specialists (Fellows of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine/ FACEMs) for a highly reputable hospital in VIC. Our client is a leading private hospital based in the South-West Region of Victoria, meeting the needs of the people of Geelong and Barwon.
The hospital has 276 beds and is supported by more than 400 accredited medical practitioners offering services such as medical and surgical, emergency, maternity, rehabilitation, cancer care, intensive and cardiac care.
Just across the road, the hospital's very own specialist centre is equipped with the latest technology for day surgery, with services that include ophthalmology, plastic surgery, endoscopy, and dental surgery.
Our client is part of a larger group of non-for-profit hospitals with a commitment to services communities through their hospitals, nursing homes, social outreach services across Australia, New Zealand, and the Asia-Pacific region.
The Emergency Department:
- At present, the private Emergency Department is opened from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- From 2020, the Emergency Department will be expanding its services to 24 hours, 7 days a week
- This is a FACEM-led Department, and is also supported by Advanced Trainee (AT) Registrars, General Practitioner (GP) Career Medical Officers (CMOs) and Nurse Practitioners
- The hospital has 17 beds in the Emergency Department, a Resus Bay, treatment rooms, a 16 bedded ICU and 13 theatres
- The Department currently sees between 35-40 patients per day with an expected increase from 2020
- Affordable housing while living at the doorstep of Melbourne!
- Perfect location for young families with options of public and private schooling
- The location proves to be one of Victoria's greatest assets with opportunities on offer to entrepreneurs, start ups, remote workers, new businesses and relocating businesses
- World's best beaches located on the Bellarine and Surf Coast
- Candidates must be AHPRA registered with Specialist Registration in Emergency Medicine
- Candidates must be a Fellow of the Australasian College of Emergency Medicine (FACEM), New Fellows are welcome to apply!
- All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check and Immunisation Clearance
- Salary will be commensurate to qualifications and experience in line with the hospital's award rate
- FOR OVERSEAS CANDIDATES: Emergency Medicine Specialists from comparable health countries such as UK/ Ireland/ US/ Canada are welcome to apply!
All discussions are confidential.