Position: Anaesthesia - Provisional Fellow
Location: Central Coast NSW
Salary: As per NSW State Award
Start Date: ASAP
We are currently organising interviews for a Provisional Fellow in Anaesthesia. The role will be based on the Central Coast of NSW.
The Anaesthetic Department has more than 60 consultants (including Staff Specialists and VMO Anaesthetics), 32 FTE Trainees and 8 Residents. The department is motivated and committed to training and development of staff, as well as running in house exam preparation courses, clinical teaching sessions and practical workshops.
The hospital provides a capacity of 700 inpatient beds, there is a $380M redevelopment project due to complete end 2019.
Caseload is approximately 23,000 per year with specialties including vascular, major urology, a chronic pain service, all supported by a brand new 20-bed ICU.
The Central Coast is positioned about an hour from both Sydney and Newcastle; the current population (about 300,000) is expected to grow to 450,000 before 2030. It is a popular destination for holiday makers with beautiful beaches and waterways and spectacular bushland, providing an enviable lifestyle for residents. It is possible to live close to the beaches and yet remain within comfortable access of work, with less traffic congestion than experienced in many urban centres.
1. MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
2. Demonstrates commitment to successful completion of ANZCA training.
3. Demonstrates commitment to teaching.
4. Demonstrates commitment to Clinical Practice Improvement.
5. Demonstrates professionalism in the workplace.
6. Demonstrates excellent communication skills.
7. Demonstrates good workplace organisation skills.
To find out more about this opportunity, please call Anne Lim on 02 8248 2912 or email