Global Medics is partnering with Serco to support the ADF Health Services Contract with providing experienced General Practitioners who hold additional qualifications in Underwater Medicine.About...
Global Medics is partnering with Serco to support the ADF Health Services Contract with providing experienced General Practitioners who hold additional qualifications in Aviation Medicine.
About the Role
Full-Time 37.5 hours
You will be responsible for the delivery of medical and aviation-based services to on-base patients, either inpatient care in hospitals/medicals centres or in outpatient settings. These aviation-based services include fitness to fly assessments, aviation medicals and aircrew clinical health management. You will also be required to provide medical technical advice to the Joint Health Unit (JHU) Commanding Officer (CO), Joint Health Command (JHC) Health Centre Manager and Commanders of units. All services are to be in accordance to professional standards, legislations and Deference Policies and Procedures.
About the location
The Barracks are located in Canberra, ACT
You are an experienced medical professional with a solid foundation as a General Practitioner and strong additional knowledge in the field of aviation medicine. You are professional about providing clinical services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients. You are passionate, respectful and your friendly manner puts patients at ease.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Australian Citizenship, in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance
- Current unconditional and unrestricted AHPRA Specialist registration
- FRACGP, FACRRM, VR or equivalent suitable experience and training as assessed by Commander JHC
- Previous Full time post graduate experience (or part time equivalent) as determined by RACGP or ACCRM within the last 5 years in a GP setting
- Recent participation in CPD activities in accordance with AHPRA
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification
- Basic military aviation medicine course or equivalent.
- Australian Defence Force Aviation Medical Officer Course,
- United States Air Force Primary Aerospace, US Navy or US Army basic courses; or
- Equivalent military AAVMED course as determined by Commanding Officer AVMED
To find out more about this position, please contact Laura on 02 8248 2953 or click Apply Now.
Please note, there are other Part-time and Full-time positions within the ADF across Australia. If you have a different location in mind, let us know and we can explore alternate options for you.