Salary: As per State Award
Contract: 3 or 6 months with the possibility of extension(s). Fixed Term- Full Time.
We are currently arranging interviews for ED Registrars to join a team in Perth. Our client is a large metro hospital and teaching facility in Western Australia. Recently renovated the hospital is the largest building project ever undertaken for the Government of Western Australia and its Western Australia's flagship health facility.
The Health Services has over 783 beds. The Emergency Department has developed into a high functioning unit that is the busiest ED in the state, and one of the busiest in Australasia. This Department sees on average 100,000 patients per year of which 39,000 patients presented required treatment within 30 minutes. It consists of 51 beds in the adult assessment areas, including trauma and resuscitation, acute assessment and ambulatory care, with a bay equipped to manage paediatric and neonatal presentation within the trauma and resuscitation area.
Western Australia (WA) offers one of the best lifestyles in the world with its sunshine, endless blue skies, white sandy beaches and easy-going lifestyle. This is complemented by a first-class integrated health system that provides the opportunity to work across a wide range of clinical specialities in cosmopolitan cities or rural communities.
If you are looking for vibrant cafe and restaurant scenes and shopping districts or wide open spaces and spectacular scenery WA has something on offer for everyone.
- Emergency Medicine department is accredited with ACEM for 24 months of advanced training.
- The ED already has a comprehensive first and second part teaching program and an active emergency medicine academic unit.
- The Registrar role includes supervised shifts working with an Emergency Physician and supervisory shifts running a pod within our ED as the senior doctor.
- Support of Senior Staff highly committed to teaching and professional development of Interns HMOs and Registrars
- Competitive Salary based on WA award
- Professional development opportunities and Study Leave/assistance.
- Flexible working arrangements and leave arrangements.
- Other professional and location based allowances.
Applications will have:
- Candidates must be AHPRA registered with General Registration or eligible through the competent authority pathway with working rights in Australia
- All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check and Immunisation Clearance
- Salary will be commensurate to qualifications and experience in line with EBA
For more information on the above opportunity or for the official position description, please contact Eva on 0481981172 or email
All discussions are confidential.