Salary: As per State Award
Contract: 12 months
Located only a 15-min drive from Canberra, the city has a population of approximately 410,000. It is known as the ultimate family friendly getaway destination designed of attractions with activities and events especially for kids. The capital city is full of museums and galleries, archives and collections making it a perfect location for people who want to explore in their time off. Canberra was voted as the 3rd best city to visit in 2018.
This is a 600+ bed tertiary referral and trauma hospital in the nation's capital and offers excellent support; The department has a staffing structure of 17 FTE of FACEM's, 23 Registrars & 18 SRMO's. This is a tertiary ED, mixed adults & Paeds with Consultants on site 0800-2400 and on call 2400-0800. There are 3 Registrars on site overnight. There is a dedicated teaching program for ED SRMOs, with an aim to progress them to Registrar level over the course of the year. Roster will be 8x10hr shifts per fortnight, 1-2 weekends, mix of days, evenings and nights.
The position is designed for PGY3+ doctors who will provide high quality medical services to the hospital and health Service.
- Provide day-to-day medical care for patients at a level commensurate with the level of clinical experience and under the supervision and direction of more senior medical staff.
- Demonstrate appropriate progression toward more independent medical practice, with concomitant development of clinical knowledge, skills and behaviours required for safe medical practice.
To be eligible for this opportunity, you must have:
- Must have minimum 12 months ED experience
- Must be CAP or have General Registration
- Candidates must be AHPRA registered with General Registration or eligible through the competent authority pathway with working rights in Australia
- All appointments are subject to a satisfactory Police Records Check and Immunisation Clearance
For more information on the above opportunity or for the official position description, please contact Eva on 0481981172 or email
All discussions are confidential.