About the Role
- Part time positions available - Thursdays and Fridays, 7.5 hours.
- Must be able to work for a minimum of 2 months.
You will be responsible for the delivery of medical and underwater-based services to on-base patients, either inpatient care in hospitals/medicals centres or in outpatient settings. These underwater based services include diving, submarine and other occupational medical and health assessments. You will also be required to provide medical technical advice to the Joint Health Unit (JHU) Commanding Officer (CO), Joint Health Command (JHC) Health Centre Manager and Commanders of units. All services are to be in accordance to professional standards, legislations and Deference Policies and Procedures.
About the location
This position is based in Canberra. Services provided include emergency, dental, physiotherapy, outpatients and sick parades.
You are an experienced medical professional with a solid foundation as a General Practitioner and strong additional knowledge in the field of aviation medicine. You are professional about providing clinical services and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support delivery of the highest standard of care to patients. You are passionate, respectful and your friendly manner puts patients at ease.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Australian Citizenship, in order to obtain the required Baseline Security Clearance
- Current unconditional and unrestricted AHPRA Specialist registration
- FRACGP, FACRRM, VR or equivalent suitable experience and training as assessed by Commander JHC
- Previous Full time post graduate experience (or part time equivalent) as determined by RACGP or ACRRM within the last 5 years in a GP setting
- Recent participation in CPD activities in accordance with AHPRA
- Current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (HLTAID001) certification
- Basic military Underwater Medicine course or equivalent. This includes:
- Royal Australian Navy Underwater Medical Officer
- Royal Adelaide Hospital Hyperbaric Medicine courses for medical officers - Basic or Advanced
- University of Auckland: post graduate program in Medical Science - diving and hyperbaric medicine
- Australia and New Zealand Hyperbaric Medicine Group - Introductory course in Diving and Hyperbaric Medicine,
- Equivalent military Diving Medical course as determined by SMA-DIVMED
To find out more about these opportunities or have a confidential chat, please contact Ashlie on 02 8248 2943