Position: Principal House Officer (Anaesthesia)
Location: Central Queensland
Salary: $105k to $115k package
Contract: Temporary Full Time
We are currently arranging interviews a Principal House Officer to join a team in Central Queensland. In this role, the PHO will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Director, Staff Specialists and Senior Medical Staff to ensure that Anaesthesia services provided are of the highest standards.
- Provide high quality clinical services with a commitment to patient safety.
- Provide supervision and support of medical students.
This hospital has 70 beds and offers a wide range of inpatient and outpatient specialties, including, EM, general medicine, general surgery, orthopaedics, O&G, HDU, palliative care, mental health and paediatrics. It is co-located with the only private hospital in the city. Their Medicine department is accredited for 6 months BPT training. They have 500 births each year and approximately 1600 surgical procedures. There general surgical and general medical ward consists of 29 beds. They also have two operating theatres and a four bed HDU. This hospital is in the process of being redeveloped and is currently in the process of building a new Emergency Department.
This hospital is located on the coast of Central Queensland, approximately 500km north of Brisbane. The town has a population of approximately 35,000 and has previously been known as a mining town. In recent years this has changed and as it's harbour is part of the World Heritage Area making it a large tourist destination with cruise ships arriving frequently. They have a number of schools, including private and public and also offer two tertiary institutions. With its proximity to the Capricorn Coast and Great Barrier Reef, along with many beautiful islands, this town is ideal for people who love the outdoors and exploring the ocean.
- Up to 12.75% employer superannuation contribution
- Annual leave loading 17.5%
- Employee Assistance Program
- Professional Development Leave, 1-week p.a.
To be eligible for this role, you need to have:
- MBBS or equivalent - eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- AHPRA General Registration
To find out more about this role and to request a position description, please call Anne on 02 8248 2912 or email