Position: Emergency Medicine Consultant Location: Western Australia Salary: $350,000 $450,000 package Contract: 0.5/1FTE options We are currently arranging interviews for an...
Position: Resident Medical Officer
Location: Western Australia
Salary: $100k - $120k package
Contract: 2019 intake
Fixed Term Full-Time, Fixed Term Part Time
We are currently arranging interviews for a Resident Medical Officer for a large country health service. The relevant doctor is required to provide a high standard of medical care to all patients under the supervision of clinical supervisors as well as expanding knowledge and skill through the available opportunities.
This is largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people per year. This hospital is in a coastal city in Western Australia, Australia's popular holiday destination, offering attractions with activities and events all year round. This location boasts of beautiful beaches, magnificent national parks and pretty waterways with fun adventures, from water sports to bushwalking, mountain biking, dolphin watching and marvellous vineyards and breweries.
This hospital is 100 bed regional hospital with an emergency department. It provides primary and secondary level services in the areas of paediatrics, renal dialysis, obstetrics and gynaecology, cardiology and rehabilitation services. The busy Emergency Department sees on average 38,000 patients per wear of which 14,000 patients presented required treatment within 30 minutes. It consists of 27 treatment bays including Fast Track as well as 10 bed Short Stay Unit.
This position is for Fixed Term Full Time or Fixed Term Part Time appointments for 6 and 12 months with the possibility of extension to 24 months.
-Manages patient care under the supervision of Registrars and Consultants and ensures a detailed history and physical examination are done for each presentation / admission, and documents these finding s on their medical record.
-Communicates with patients about their condition and management, or with the immediate family
-Completes discharge summaries promptly, ensuring patient, General Practitioners and other care providers have adequate information to continue care
-Completes consultation requests for other medical specialities, allied health and other healthcare professionals
- On admission, explains procedures / operations to patient and orders investigations as necessary. Assists with medical procedures / operations as required.
- Participates in unit and hospital meetings, grand rounds, clinical reviews, pathology / radiology meetings; prepares case presentations for departmental meetings; and attends RMO training lectures.
- Monitor your own performance and seek assistance from your senior staff or Consultant if uncertain about any aspect of your clinical work
- Participates in ongoing professional development activities, including regular performance reviews and commits to maintaining and upgrading knowledge, skills and participates in Quality Improvement activities.
Access to generous salary packaging arrangements
Professional Development Opportunities and Study Leave/assistance
Flexible working arrangements
Flexible leave arrangements
Other professional and location-based allowances
To be eligible for this opportunity you must have:
- You must have current AHPRA registration or be eligible for registration through the Competent Authority Pathway. An Australian MBBS medical degree, or equivalent
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.