Position: Cardiology Registrar, Unaccredited PGY5+ Location: Western Australia Salary: $109,000-$169,000+Package Contract: 12-month contracts We are currently arranging interviews for a...
Position: General Medicine Registrar, unaccredited PGY5+
Location: Western Australia
Contract: 12-month contract
We are currently arranging interviews for a General Medicine Registrar to join one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia. The Registrar is required to provide a high quality clinical service to all patients as well as further developing clinical judgement and refining procedural skills.
This hospital is part of the largest country health system in Australia and one of the biggest in the world, providing health services to approximately half a million people per year. Located in a coastal city in Western Australia, Australia's popular holiday destination, offering activities and events all year round, sport and culture as well as an extensive repertoire of attractions. This city offers great connections to interstate with several daily flights to all major cities in Australia.
This hospital is a 722-bed facility caring for both public and private patients, making it one of the largest hospitals in Western Australia. It provides high level surgical and medical services, including, intensive care, rehabilitation services, aged care services, palliative care, paediatrics, oncology, maternity, neonatal and paediatric services. It consists of 12 theatres, intensive care and high dependency units as well a busy Emergency Department which sees approximately 100,000 patients each year. In addition, there is a 10-bed Mental Health Observation Area within the ED area which enables more appropriate care of mental health patients.
In this role, the General Medicine registrar will:
- Assess acute medical patients in Emergency Department, prescribe treatment and decide on suitability for admission
- Manage medical patients in consultation with VMOs
- Arrange for appropriate investigations and ensure results are sighted
- Notify Consultant of important changes in patient's condition
- Initiate discharge plan on Day 1
- Ensure that GP is notified of progress at discharge
- Daily clinical review of inpatients
- Counsel patients and relatives
- Undertake consultation on behalf of Unit Consultant(s)
- Carry out procedures within capabilities
- Attend cardiac arrest calls
- Provide discharge summaries at the time of discharge for all patients
- Participate in after hours and weekend rosters
- Undertake medical student teaching
- Teach procedures to RMO/Intern
- Participate in peer review and continuous improvement activities
- Initiate continuous improvement projects at Ward/Unit level
- Supervise/provide advice to afterhours junior medical staff relating to medical management
- Participates in Junior Medical Staff After Hours Roster.
To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- Eligibility for registration as a medical practitioner with AHPRA
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.