Position: Paediatric Registrar, Unaccredited
Location: Western NSW
Salary: per State Award
Contract: 12 months from February 2019
We are currently arranging interviews for Paediatric Registrar to join a public hospital in Western NSW.
Located 408 kilometres northwest of Sydney (45min by plane) in an attractive and progressive rural city with an approximate population of 40,000 people.
The location offers a range of activities from bird watching to canoeing or kayaking. Whether you travel by car, bike or trek on foot, you'll venture through some of the most distinctive global wildlife habitats in the world, bordered by picnic grounds and magnificent bushland. As well as venturing back in time and discover a well-preserved slice of history of this beautiful city.
This hospital is a 151-bed facility and is the area's major referral centre, serving approximately 160,000 people. It has some 17,985 admissions a year and provides specialist services in Emergency Medicine, Anaesthetics, General Medicine, Renal Medicine, General Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics, Dentistry, Urology, Obstetrics & Gynaecology, Paediatrics, Orthopaedics and Psychiatry. There are on-site Intensive Care, Coronary Care, High Dependency, Emergency Medicine, Ambulatory Care, Renal Dialysis, Oncology, and Day Surgery Units as well as comprehensive 24hr onsite Pathology and Medical Imaging services. The Hospital is well staffed with Resident Medical Officers and Trainees. There are active Resident and Trainee Training Programs, as well as weekly Grand Rounds. In addition, Consultants provide teaching to medical students from various universities.
This is a 12-month position working under the supervision of Staff Specialists and Visiting Medical Officers.
- Attend daily duties in the Paediatric Unit, Emergency Department, Labour Ward, National Nursery and the postnatal ward as requested.
- Advise or support surgical teams in the management of paediatrics patients.
-Paediatric Trainees are required to attend elective and emergency Caesarian Sections and perform Baby Checks on infants prior to discharge from the maternity ward.
- Attend daily ward rounds (when on duty) with the Consultants
- Contribute to the teaching of Junior Medical Officers and Medical Students.
- Communicate at a high level with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Attend regular meetings with the Head of the department
- Exercise independent judgement, initiative and problem-solving skills, but this should be exercised in consultation with supervising medical staff.
To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.