Position: RMO/SRMO, PGY2+ Location: ACT Salary: $80k-$106K+package Contract: 12 months from February 2019 We are currently arranging interviews for SRMO's...
Emergency Physicians (FACEM or pre FACEM)
Full Time - Part Time and Casual Options
Salary : NSW Award
Location : Rural NSW, Connections to Sydney and Melbourne
This Hospital is a state-of-the-art facility which provides a wide range of services and treatments to it patients. Surrounded by lavish dairy country and boasting a temperate climate, the valley has an approximate population of 33,800.
This location is a great rural centre of the stunning Sapphire Coast and is within 20 minutes to 1 1/2 hours' drive from the quiet coastal inlets. Along with providing a scenic 2 1/2 hour drive from the nation's capital and the snowfields.
Within easy driving distance you will be surrounded with delightful and splendid attractions, famous coast beaches and national park wilderness.
The 'Valley' caters for young families and professionals alike. There are a multitude of walking tracks in the National Park, if bushwalking isn't your favourite activity there are plenty of other sports on offer. A swimming pool, squash courts, tennis courts, horse sports, netball, skate park, bowls and an 18-hole golf course are all available in town.
As a Staff Specialist will be to provide clinical leadership management and treatment of patients at facility.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Ensuring a high standard of clinical record documentation is maintained.
- This includes the completion of the patients' clinical records (including medication charts / orders) to reflect clinical decisions and the keeping of appropriate databases up-to-date.
- Provision of a consultant service as required by other senior medical staff.
- Participation in the on-call roster for the department as required and provide advice when required to other facilities.
- Be prepared to actively participate in the transfer and retrieval of critically ill patients.
- Ensure supervision of emergency department medical staff in accordance with facility.
- Develop and implement protocols and procedures in compliance with relevant policies.
- Lead and develop the department's quality program in compliance the departments risk management program.
- Manage complaints received regarding doctors or clinical care provided by doctors in the emergency department.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with referral centres and retrieval services.
- Develop and deliver education to clinical staff as well as Participate in Departmental training programs and any other training courses specified by facility/ management that will enhance personal development, skills and knowledge, and practice requirements.
- Participate and support administrative meetings as required by the Department Head or Director of Medical Services
The location also provides good quality schools available in within the area and the CBD has many major shopping brands and the parking is free. Connect easily with daily flights available to Melbourne and Sydney from nearest airport which is a short drive, providing a perfect lifestyle.
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful applicants, with a roster that is well balanced and non-clinical time strongly supported.
Applications will have:
-Current authority to practice as a Medical Practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) / Medical Board of Australia.
-Fellowship of the Australasian College for Emergency Medicine other specialist recognition as provided for in the Staff Specialists (State) Award or other specialist recognition
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch via email to Babs Dass on 028 248 2942