Position: Consultant GeriatricianLocation: Regional VICSalary: VIC Award + generous packageContract: 1.0 FTEThe Position:We have an exciting opportunity available for a Geriatrician to join a team...
Position: General Medicine Registrar, PGY3+
Salary: As per State Award
Contract: 12-24 Months, Accredited/ Unaccredited opportunities
We are currently looking for a General Medicine Registrar to become part of a fast-developing regional health service in Victoria. The Registrar is required to develop collaborative relationships will all staff as well as to enhance clinical skills in the provision of high-quality patient care.
This regional hospital is located 300 kilometres north-east from Melbourne serving a population of over 250,000 people. This beautiful location boasts of attractive parks and pretty waterways with fun adventures and wonderful attractions, from water sports to bushwalking, wineries, museums, mountain biking and canoeing. The city offers a great interconnection with daily flights to Sydney and Melbourne.
This 286-bed hospital is an accredited training facility supporting medical, nursing and allied health training. It provides acute services ranging from mental health, emergency, cardiology, paediatric, critical care, maternity and newborn services delivered by specialist medical staff, Registrars, Residents, Interns, Nurses and Midwives. It's comprised of 7 theatres, 2 procedure rooms and a cardiac catheterization lab. The busy Emergency Department has 28 treatment areas including 4 consulting rooms and sees approximately 67,000 patients each year.
In this role, the General Medicine Registrar will:
-Coordinate morning and evening handover, identifying and prioritising the care of unstable or deteriorating patients.
- Assist in the triage and admission of external referrals from general practitioners, peripheral hospitals and tertiary care centres, liaising with the bed-manager, nurse unit managers, medical registrars and medical consultant.
- Assist the medical interns and HMOs in the care of complex or unstable patients, liaising closely with the supervising consultant.
- Oversee mechanisms of patient discharges within medical stream, in collaboration with other doctors, nurses and clinicians. This includes prompt and accurate discharge summaries, identifying barriers in completing them, and working with relevant stakeholders in ensuring improved clinical handovers.
- Assist in the coordination of intern, HMO and medical registrar cover in the event of unexpected leave.
- Assess workloads and teams to ensure there are no obvious gaps, workload imbalance, or workforce issues.
- Attend the monthly mortality meeting.
- Participate in the monthly clinical peer review meeting as required.
- Coordinate the general medical component of the weekly grand rounds.
- Supervise and support the general medical interns and HMOs.
To be eligible for this role, you must have:
- Eligibility for registration as a medical practitioner with AHPRA
- Registration with the RACP for Advanced Training is desirable
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Anne Lim on 02 8248 2912 or apply now with your current CV.