Emergency Department Registrars, Trainee Opportunities
Location: NSW, North West
Salary: NSW Award
Start: Feb 2019 start, 12 Month Contracts
With more than $241 million has been committed into this NSW public health facility for redevelopment, involving four stages - stage 1&2 has been completed combining new operating theatres, surgical services, inpatient wards and maternity services with upgrades to the renal unit, sterilising department, hospital entry and car parking. To be completed by 2021 stages 3&4 currently under construction with a new emergency department and shot stay unit, medical imaging, ambulatory care, critical care and more.
The Hospital is well staffed with Resident Medical Officers and Trainees. There are active Resident and Trainee Training Programs, as well as weekly Grand Rounds and JMO Teaching. In addition, Consultants provide teaching to medical students from the University of Sydney's Rural Clinical School. The Emergency Department sees around 28,000 patients per annum.
The city has a population of approximately 55,000 people, the location offers a range of activities from bird watching to canoeing or kayaking. Whether you travel by car, bike or trek on foot, you'll venture through some of the most distinctive global wildlife habitats in the world, bordered by picnic grounds and magnificent bushland. As well as venturing back in time and discover a well-preserved slice of history of this beautiful city.
The role: You will provide care to all patients presenting to the emergency department, both adult and paediatric, providing emergency care including, but not limited to, airway and resuscitation procedures, trauma care, disaster management, medical treatment and relevant procedures for the emergency department care. Where skills and knowledge allow to complete the emergency care, however, expected to seek assistance from relevant clinical specialities where relevant. Technical procedures which the doctor is expected to perform competently are: (Unless stated for both paediatric and adult patients.)
- Airway management, including ventilation airways for adults and paediatrics.
- Intubation and surgical airway skills are desirable but not required.
- Vascular access, central (not mandatory by desired) and peripheral.
- Joint relocation
- Simple and complex wound care
- Eye and ENT care including foreign body removal, epistaxis control.
- Cardiac life support, trauma care and paediatric resuscitation related technical skills
- Attend patients of all triage categories that attend the Emergency Department of the Hospital, initiating appropriate emergency care when required.
- Participate in Cardiac Arrest and Trauma Response Teams if requested Document patient care to the minimum medicolegal standard
- Complete appropriate assessment and baseline investigations with minimal support, consulting when necessary
- Shifts are a combination of evening, weekend and night shifts
- Attend regularly and participate in the Emergency Department's Continuing Medical Education programme for medical and nursing staff
- Provide support/supervision to Resident Medical Officers also working within the Emergency Department
Applications will have:
- MBBS or equivalent, currently registered or eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
- Completion of at least two postgraduate years and membership of ACEM or evidence of membership of ACEM on commencement of employment in February 2019
- Must have Australian experience or be eligible for Competent Pathway registration
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a supervised environment and work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective oral and written communication skills and demonstrated good organisational and time management skills
- Evidence of continued professional development and commitment to self-education
- Ability and willingness to deliver patient care and preparedness and ability to participate in a 24 hour shift work roster
As a global medical recruitment consultancy, we are highly experienced in guiding overseas trained doctors through the process of gaining employment in Australia. We will manage the Visa and AHPRA process as your designated representative, thus ensuring there is no delay in helping you make this life changing move!
An attractive salary package and relocation assistance will be provided.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.