Director of Medical Services Location: North/ Mid-North Coast, NSW Salary: Negotiable Start: Negotiable Our client is a base hospital based...
VMO/Staff Specialist - Intensivist/Emergency Physician
Start: ASAP, Permanent Full or Part Time Options
Salary per NSW State Award
The Hospital is a level 3/4 base hospital situated within the Northern New South Wales Local Health District, providing care to over 12,500 patients every year. The hospital undertakes over 3,300 surgical procedures and sees over 24,700 Emergency attendances annually. Provides acute, medical, surgical, orthopaedic, paediatric, anaesthetic, geriatric, maternity & obstetric, high dependency and acute care, renal, oncology, palliative care, emergency, some specialist outpatient services and day surgery facilities. There is also a large range of community health services.
The location is one of Australia's most beautiful provincial cities, population 18,500, famous for its trees, graceful old buildings and mighty river. More than 2,000 Jacarandas blossom in spring, creating a sea of mauve for the famous flower Festival, the oldest flora festival in Australia.
The town is rich in colonial architecture. You can explore the beautifully preserved buildings, with outstanding arts and crafts throughout year. Also known as a great base for exploring spectacular national park wilderness, including an ancient rainforest in the National Park, which is part of Australia World Heritage Area for Rain forests. Popular also for mountain biking and walking trails.
The nearest regional airport is located 17 km from the hospital. With regional express operate rating more than 30 weekly direct flights to and from Sydney.
- Provide best practice evidence based clinical services to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Undertake supervision and education within the clinical environment of junior medical staff and other relevant staff to foster safe clinical practice.
- Utilise information systems to enable informed decision making and care planning.
- Communicate with staff and clinicians to ensure quality and continuity of care.
- Actively participate in risk management and quality programs to improve organisational processes and own practices.
You will be:
- Providing contemporary comprehensive specialist services for optimal patient outcomes.
- Providing and supporting training to clinicians across multiple disciplines to achieve quality education and safe clinical practice.
- Eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia as a Specialist Intensive Care Physician and Specialist Emergency Physician, and/or overseas trained specialist pathways.
- Demonstrated recent clinical experience in Intensive Care Medicine and Emergency Medicine at the role delineation of the service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team and provide leadership of a team.
- Demonstrated effective clinical communication through the use of information technology and written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to teaching, continuing education, research and quality improvement.
- Availability to participate in an on-call roster and to respond on site within a reasonable time.
The exact level and rate of pay will be determined by the Qualifications and experience of the appointee.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.