General Medicine Opportunity in Northern Tasmania, Australia Starting ASAP General Medicine Registrar We are currently recruiting for a PGY3+ General Medicine Registrar...
Clinical Director - Clinical Governance
Regional NSW Local Health District
Salary as per the NSW Staff Specialist Award
About the Local Health District
This opportunity is with one of the largest Local Health Districts in New South Wales covering a geographical area similar to the size of the UK.
Delivering innovative health services to a population of 250,000+ people. This LHD is consists of three major rural referral hospitals, 50 community health centres and 38 inpatient facilities. It is also home to the largest rural mental health service in Australia.
About the job
The purpose of the position is to lead Clinical Governance, Patient Safety and Clinical Quality across the local health district.
You will develop strong links and work collaboratively with the medical workforce, clinical streams, LHD Executive and Operations to drive excellence in Clinical Governance, patient safety and clinical quality across the LHD.
This position will be accountable for (amongst other things); Leading Living Quality and Safety Plan, Living well together strategic plan and organisational goals
You will engage the medical workforce in clinical quality and patient safety initiatives such as;
- Clinical Variation
- Diagnostic error
- Incident management
- Morbidity and Mortality meetings
- Quality and safety programs such as BTF, sepsis, VTE, Acute Coronary Syndrome
The Director of Clinical Governance will also;
- Provide leadership, education and actively participate in high level open disclosure
- Provide expert advice to key external stakeholders such as the Ministry of Health, Clinical Excellence
- Commission, Public Health Network and Aboriginal Health Organisations
- Represent Clinical Governance and the LHD
- Champion cultural appropriateness in quality and safety
- Lead responses to complex issues of clinical governance including MCCCs, Coronial matters, Lookback
- Contribute to responses related to complaints and Ministerials where medical advice is required
1. Registered with AHPRA as a medical practitioner
2. Demonstrated experience applying clinical governance principles and patient safety initiatives
3. Demonstrated high level communication and negotiation skills
4. Demonstrated experience in open disclosure
5. Demonstrated ability to provide high level advice to managers and leaders on quality and safety matters and respond to deadlines
6. Demonstrated innovative conceptual and analytical problem-solving skills for managing conflicting priories
7. Proven ability to deliver major strategies
8. Current licence to drive in NSW and willingness to travel
To find out more
If you would like to discuss this opportunity further, please call Steve Harris on 0478 142 396. Should you wish to explore other opportunities in a clinical leadership capacity, I would also welcome the opportunity to speak with you as we are currently managing applications for a number of clinical leadership positions across the country.
I can be contacted via email on