Emergency Physicians (FACEM or pre FACEM) Full Time Part Time and Casual Options Salary : NSW Award Location : Rural NSW, Connections...
Emergency Department HMO, PGY3+
Location: Vic, Large Regional town, 3hrs from Melbourne
This location offers you a laid - back country town that is close to scenic drives and is ideal base for exploring the vast lakes and rivers. The surrounding forests provide an active lifestyle with a perfect spot to stock up on boating, surfing, camping and fishing gear for outdoor adventures.
This hospital provides multi-disciplinary health services to a growing population of over 44,000. In response to an increase in population growth in the region over the last ten years, this health service is continually increasing its capacity to service the needs of the community. Incorporating a long-established hospital with 51 acute beds, 17 sub-acute beds, a modern theatre suite, emergency department, short stay unit and maternity services. Day services include a 9 bed Day Procedure Unit, a newly built 10 chair Oncology/Medical Ambulatory Day Unit and a 9 chair Dialysis Unit. In addition to acute care, the health service also provides core services in a 90 bed Aged Care facility, Rehabilitation, Outpatient Services, Home Based Services, Community Health and a CBD campus offering the community easy access to Maternity Care and a selection of Medical Imaging Services.
The hospital attracts a range of Visiting Medical Officers, enabling it to provide services across a broad spectrum of care. It is currently well supported by the district, which rotates five Interns and one Unaccredited Surgical Registrar. In addition it also employs Interns, Hospital Medical Officers, General Surgeons, two full-time General Physicians, Senior Medical Officers - Emergency Medicine and various fractional medical specialists.
- Patient assessment (history taking, physical examination, diagnostic formulation, appropriate investigations, consult and refer).
- Patient management (care planning - curative and symptomatic, providing continuity of care from admission to discharge, frequent and regular patient reviews, discharge planning, referral for ongoing care, end-of-life care).
- Emergency Care
- Procedural skills (pre-procedure care, principles of informed consent, minor/ward procedures and assisting with major/theatre procedures, post-procedure care).
- Provide patient care that is appropriate to the rural setting
- Involve patients and carers in clinical decision-making.
- Use of evidence to guide clinical practice.
- Participate in regular performance reviews with the supervising staff specialist/Visiting Medical Officer, and with the Chief Medical Officer. These will be based on the attached learning objectives.
- Multidisciplinary teamwork with all team members (collaborative and respectful communication, participation in multidisciplinary care planning and discharge planning, conflict resolution).
- Effective teamwork with external health care providers.
- Appropriate, timely and respectful communication to patients and carers.
- Participation in meetings with patients and carers and other meetings as directed by the Manager Participation in breaking bad news and open disclosure of adverse events.
- Participation in complaints management.
- Timely, concise and informative clinical handover.
- Provide supervision and support to interns and medical students.
- Legislative compliance
You will have a Medical degree, Registration as a Medical Practitioner; Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team & and cultural sensitivity.
For more information on the above opportunity please apply with a current CV or alternatively contact Babs Dass on 8248 2942