Job Registrar, ED Provisional /Advanced Trainee Salary NSW Award + package Location Far north Coast, NSW Contract ASAP to 2019 ...
Senior Medical Officer
Location: QLD, Central
Start: ASAP, Permanent FT, multiple positions available
Salary: $140k - $195k, up to $355k total package
The Hospital and Health Service is situated in a coastal town in Central Queensland Australia, renowned for its beaches, tropical climate, and the islands out on the bay. Twenty-five minutes from the nearest city with a principal town on the coast, a string of seaside communities stretching more than 150 kilometres from north to south, in which approximately 25,000 people live, 45mins to nearest airport.
Services provided range across 24 Hour Emergency Medical Services, Acute Inpatient Services, Rehabilitation Inpatient Services, Palliative Inpatient Services, Women and Family Health Programs, Midwifery Services, Obstetric Clinics, Child Health Services and more.
As an SMO you will provide high quality medical services to the hospital and health Service.
- Assist the Medical Superintendent and Executive Director of Medical Services with the organisation, management and provision of clinical services
- Provide professional leadership to and assist in the professional development and support of medical staff including Registrars, Resident Medical Officers and medical students and other clinicians as required.
- Be an active contributor to the multidisciplinary patient care team.
- Professional communication with individual patients, relatives, guardians and all relevant health professionals necessary for quality clinical care outcomes, including for the transfer of responsibility of clinical care.
- Foster effective working relationships with staff members to promote service quality, responsiveness, and compliance with established procedures and policies.
- Participate in regular medical team meetings, Mortality and Morbidity reviews and continuing medical education activities as directed from time-to-time.
- For admitted patients: proactive discharge planning, reporting of discharge summaries to the patient's General Practitioner within 24 hours of discharge, ideally on the day of discharge.
Applications will have:
- MBBS or equivalent to be eligible for registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia, Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- Current ALS certification.
- Enrolment and maintenance of ongoing CME program with the appropriate bodies.
- This position requires the incumbent to operate a C Class motor vehicle, and an appropriate licence endorsement to operate this type of vehicle is required. Proof of this endorsement must be provided before commencement of duty.
Whilst not mandatory the following would be preferred / highly regarded:
- Fellowship of either the Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM) or Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP).
- Postgraduate qualifications in Rural General Practice (FARGP) or AST in Emergency or equivalent qualifications and experience.
- Current certificates in ACLS, APLS and EMST.
The above values include employer contribution to superannuation (up to 12.75%), motor vehicle allowance, professional development allowance, professional development leave 3.6 weeks p.a., plus over-time and on-call allowances. The exact level and rate of pay will be determined by the Qualifications and experience of the appointee
In addition to the above
- Assistance is provided with relocation expenses.
- An inaccessibility incentive allowance of $13,800 is paid at the completion of each twelve months service without pro rata entitlement.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch with Babs Dass on 028 248 2942 or apply now with your current CV.