We are working with a Hospital on the beautiful coast of QLD who are in need of a Paediatric registrar from the 13th August 8th...
Regional New South Wales
Full time, Permanent
Salary Negotiable Dependent on Experience
- Provide clinical care to patients referred to, or requiring the care of, the Health Service, at a level consistent with the standards expected of a Paediatrician.
- Oversee the work of assigned junior medical staff, including the adequacy of documentation, safe practice and prescribing.
- Monitor clinical indicators and outcomes and benchmark these against best practice clinical standards. Support the department in its efforts to maintain accreditation requirements for Registrar training.
- The position holder can also be allocated duties not specifically mentioned in this document that are within the qualifications and experience of individuals employed at this award/classification level.
- Participate in and contribute to academia in the department by promoting clinical meetings, providing formal and informal teaching in both undergraduate and postgraduate settings, contributing to Grand Rounds and assisting conduction of research.
This hospital has 100 beds and provides a wide variety of services to its local population of over 25,000 people. As an Anaesthetist in this hospital you will be providing care to both acute and elective surgical patients along with providing after-hours services with the support of your team. As it is a teaching hospital, you will be actively involved in the educating of junior staff.
Broken Hill is a true outback city in the far west of New South Wales. Known as the 'Silver City,' it is famous for its large mining industry. It was the first city to be heritage listed in Australia. The city itself has a number of attractions including the Living Desert Sculptures in one of their many parks. Broken Hill is also a major base for the Royal Flying Doctor Service. They have several festivals throughout the year, including one dedicated to the musical Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. The airport provides daily flights to several major cities throughout Australia.
Applicants will have:
Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (FRACP or equivalent) at time of employment with speciality training in Paediatrics
Specialist AHPRA Registration.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch via email on