General Medicine Opportunity in Northern Tasmania, Australia Starting ASAP General Medicine Registrar We are currently recruiting for a PGY3+ General Medicine Registrar...
House Medial Officer - General Medicine
Location: Regional Victoria (3 hour's drive from Melbourne)
This large regional town is surrounded by a nature lover's paradise including mountains, ski fields, national parks, lakes, surf beaches and a whole host of other attractions. Enjoy outdoor adventures, the fine wine trails in the area, the stunning coastline and friendly sense of community. A great place to bring the family!
The hospital attracts a range of Visiting Medical Officers, enabling it to provide services across a broad spectrum of care. It is currently well supported by the district, which rotates five Interns and one Unaccredited Surgical Registrar. In addition it also employs Interns, Hospital Medical Officers, General Surgeons, two full-time General Physicians, Senior Medical Officers - Emergency Medicine and various fractional medical specialists.
- Patient assessment (history taking, physical examination, diagnostic formulation, appropriate investigations, consult and refer).
- Patient management (care planning - curative and symptomatic, providing continuity of care from admission to discharge, frequent and regular patient reviews, discharge planning, referral for ongoing care, end-of-life care).
- Procedural skills (pre-procedure care, principles of informed consent, minor/ward procedures and assisting with major/theatre procedures, post-procedure care).
- Provide patient care that is appropriate to the rural setting
- Involve patients and carers in clinical decision-making.
- Use of evidence to guide clinical practice.
- Participate in regular performance reviews with the supervising staff specialist/Visiting Medical Officer, and with the Chief Medical Officer. These will be based on the attached learning objectives.
- Multidisciplinary teamwork with all team members (collaborative and respectful communication, participation in multidisciplinary care planning and discharge planning, conflict resolution).
- Appropriate, timely and respectful communication to patients and carers.
- Participation in meetings with patients and carers and other meetings as directed by the Manager Participation in breaking bad news and open disclosure of adverse events.
- Provide supervision and support to interns and medical students.
- Legislative compliance
Current or provisional registration with the Australian Health Practitioner regulation Agency is mandatory (AHPRA).
For further information on this role or to apply please get in touch as soon as possible.