This metropolitan Melbourne hospital is looking for HMO/RMOs to cover night shifts.The work is from 20:00-08:30 at $105 per hour. There is no travel or...
Job Title: Staff Specialist - Palliative Care, Permanent Contract
Salary Details: Specialist/Senior Specialist - remuneration will be commensurate with experience and skills
The Palliative Care Specialist (PCS) based in Dubbo NSW will provide direct clinical management, education, operational oversight, and strategic direction for the specialist palliative care services operating within the Central and Northern Sectors of the Western NSW Local Health District.
Royal Prince Alfred Hospital (RAPH) palliative care services provide monthly outreach clinics to Dubbo for professional support to the PCS, and it is anticipated that a specialist registrar will commence work with the service from RAPH in 2019.
The position also engages closely with non-specialist providers of palliative and end of life care within these communities within the Central and Northern Sectors to provide seamless palliative and end of life care; and to build capacity for end of life care. The PCS maintains close working links with the RPAH out-reach services, and with the services operating in the Southern Sector of the LHD through regular engagement in the Palliative and EOL Care stream and other appropriate meetings.
Western NSW Local Health District (WNSW LHD) is one of the largest Local Health Districts in NSW. We deliver innovative health services to approximately 260,000 people residing in rural and remote parts of the State.
We are blessed with a highly skilled and dedicated workforce, committed to improving the health of our communities.
1) Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians Chapter of Palliative Medicine (FAChPM), or specialist qualification with certification of equivalent recognition by Medical Board of Australia and Medicare.
2) Extensive experience in the provision of direct patient care, with an ongoing commitment to clinical consulting in palliative medicine.
3) Demonstrated experience in teaching palliative medicine and end of life care to health care professionals, and in the community setting.
4) Demonstrated experience in health management and palliative care service development within the NSW Public Health Sector or a comparable health service.
5) A willingness to provide both face-to-face and video-consulting to each of the listed communities across the Central and Northern Sectors of the Western NSW LHD on an ongoing basis.
6) Willingness to provide 1:4 on-call formally for the LHD After-Hours Palliative Care Support line.
7) Willingness to establish formalized training appointments for medical, nursing and allied health staff in palliative and EOL care.
8) Willingness to engage in research activities relevant to palliative and EOL care within Western NSW
For further information on the above role or to apply please call Alex Troughon on 02 8248 2989