Emergency Medicine Registrar, Accredited Contract: Fixed Term, Full Time Location: Tasmania Salary : $87k-$125k+S Start: Feb 2019, 12-24 months option availableThis...
Emergency Medicine Specialists
Rural NSW/Vic Location
Start - ASAP
Salary - Vic Award
Full time / Part time options available
We are currently recruiting ED Specialists to join a dynamic new team of FACEMs committed to excellent emergency medicine. The first cross border public health service to exist in Australia, regionally situated between Sydney and Melbourne, it directly serves a local community of 100,000 and supports a catchment population of 250,000 covering North East Victoria and Southern New South Wales.
The Emergency Department has approximately 60,000 presentations per year with an admission rate of 20% and paediatric presentations of 25%. This health service is the Regional trauma referral centre dealing with the full spectrum of Emergency Care with trauma and resuscitation.
With strong and innovative clinical practice and ongoing development of point of care clinical ultrasound, procedural sedation, non-invasive and invasive ventilation, toxicological and toxinological practices.
The Emergency Department enjoys close working relationships with other specialities within the organisation.There is excellent Mental Health support onsite. The new $65 million regional Cancer Centre is also located onsite for ongoing Oncology support. A Cardiac Cath Lab is current under construction to provide cardiovascular services to the local community. The department is also supported with 24 hour imaging and pathology services.
The successful candidates will support the Emergency Department by demonstrating:
- Leadership skills which prioritise quality, safety and risk and support continuous improvement
- Significant clinical experience in the provision of emergency medical care
- Sound understanding of contemporary Emergency Department models of care
- An ability to lead service improvement through forms of quality improvement activities
- An interest, having skills and being willing to participate in teaching at undergraduate and postgraduate level
- Developed leadership and management skills with the ability to liaise and negotiate with professional staff, the public and others
- Well-developed skills in written and verbal communication, and the ability to represent the organisation and departmental goals and policies
- Demonstrated commitment to continued personal and professional development
You will be supported with:
- FACEM Director and peers
- Attractive remuneration package including relocation support
- Ongoing professional development
- Great work life balance and flexible rostering practices
Applications will have:
- Eligible for registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency.
- A Diploma or fellowship in emergency medicine, ACRRM Generalist Emergency Medicine or equivalent capability with extensive experience in emergency medicine.
For more information on the above opportunity please apply today or alternatively contact Babs Dass on 028 248