ICU/Intensivist ShiftsASAP for 3-6 Months (0800 0800) Rate: $2500 per...
Locum - Intensivist
13/04 - 19/04 0700-1700 + oncall
04/05 - 07/05 0700-1700 + oncall
18/05 - 24/05 0700-1700 + oncall
01/06 - 07/06 0700-1700 + oncall
08/06 - 11/06 0700-1700 + oncall
22/06 - 28/06 0700-1700 + oncall
Rate: $2500 per day
Location: Northeast Health Wangaratta
The hospital is a major referral hospital for the north east of Victoria and includes 120 acute beds. The hospital is serviced by resident specialists in general medicine, paediatrics, general surgery, orthopaedics, obstetrics and gynaecology, anaesthetics, psychiatry and emergency medicine, and visiting specialists in ear, nose and throat surgery, urology and paediatric surgery. The hospital has an 8 bed Critical Care Unit and four operating theatres. An 11 bed Paediatric Unit, with the ability to expand as required, and a Level 2 neonatal nursery. Maternity Ward has four delivery suites.
Intensive Care Unit
- NHW is a sub-regional health service that serves a population of roughly 100,000.
- There are about 25,000 emergency department attendances, 19,000 admissions, 7,000 surgical procedures and nearly 700 deliveries annually. The Critical Care Unit is a
- combined Intensive Care, High Dependency and Coronary Care Unit that currently has 8 beds.
- The Unit admits over 1,000 patients per year, of which about 8% are classified as Intensive Care (ICU), 20% Coronary Care (CCU) and the rest High Dependency (HDU) patients.
- On average there is one elective post-surgical admission daily.
To be eligible for this role, you should have AHPRA registration or medical experience gained in either UK, New Zealand, Ireland or Canada, a CV and 3 current references.
Why choose Global Medics?
- Dedicated Recruitment and Compliance Consultants, who will find the perfect role, tailored to your requirements and guide you through your journey
- Opportunity to grow your skills and earn money while exploring a new destination
- Ability to book long runs of shifts well in advance
If this opportunity isn't for you, we have other roles both long and short-term all-over Australia. Alternatively, if you have any friends or colleagues who might be in the market for a locum position, Global Medics offers a Refer a Friend reward up to $750.
If you can help or have further availability to share, please call Patricia 0422 566 328