Locum Consultant Urologist
The applicant must be a fully trained Urological Surgeon and will join a team of 5 Consultant Urologists providing emergency and elective urology services. The successful candidate will undertake regular theatre, outpatient and diagnostic clinics and participate in a 1:6 on-call rota.
The candidate will participate in the "Consultant of the Week rota" between 8-am and 5pm. Non-Resident on-calls out of hours will not be required for the post.
The self-contained dedicated Urology Outpatient Unit is based at Leighton Hospital, Crewe along with state-of-the-art theatres, a dedicated surgical admissions lounge and a refurbished treatment centre providing day-case facilities for flexible cystoscopies.
Main duties of the job
The successful candidate will be based at Leighton Hospital, Crewe in the Urology Department at Leighton Hospital, division of Surgery and Cancer.
There may be some expectation to work clinics at Victoria Infirmary, our outpatient site in Northwich.
Benefits of working with Global Medics:
- A dedicated Specialist Consultant who understands you and your requirements
- Market leading pay rates
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Free CPD courses and career support
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Appraisal and Revalidation Support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- FRCS or equivalent
- Full registration with the GMC (GMC Specialist Registration would be preferred but not essential)
- Right to work in the UK
your application has been submitted