Locum Consultant Urologist
6-12 month Full Rota contract
Accounting for up to 10% of all GP consultations and up to 20% of all acute hospital referrals, the Urology team at Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board enjoy a varied workload with excellent opportunities to provide outstanding care, develop critical knowledge and apply extraordinary skills.
Working flexible shifts at Ysbyty Gwynedd Hospital, you will be working alongside a friendly, multidisciplinary team of dedicated healthcare professionals with access to some of the most advanced medical equipment in the country. You will be providing specialist care of the highest standards treating male and female urinary tract conditions as well as conditions affecting the male reproductive organs, prostate, and genitalia.
Urology is at the forefront of developments in robot-assisted surgery and as a specialist in the field of Urology, continuous skill development and expansion of knowledge is essential. You will have access to a wide range of development and support packages to ensure you progress your skills and specialities at every opportunity.
As a Locum Urology Doctor with Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board you will:
- Examine, diagnose, and treat patient conditions and disorders of the genitourinary organs and tracts.
- Perform abdominal, pelvic, or retroperitoneal surgeries.
- Using specialised equipment, such as X-rays, fluoroscopes, and catheters.
- Actively support patients and their families, communicating clinical information to explain a diagnosis using various methods to ensure practical understanding.
- Provide constant monitoring and care for patients across a range of urological conditions
- Create care plans and monitor treatment plans taking all aspects of lifestyle and broader familial support systems into account.
- Review and manage all medications.
- Coordinate care with other health providers.
- Communicate with patients on shared patient decision making.
- Work in and where appropriate, lead a multidisciplinary team.
- Assess and prioritise patient/client requirements, delegating effectively to others.
- Recognise, review, and report a patient's condition and any changes to the patient and the multidisciplinary team.
- Performing basic administrative and clerical tasks, such as keeping records of test results, writing prescriptions, providing information to patients.
Benefits of working with Global Medics:
- A dedicated Specialist Consultant who understands you and your requirements
- Market leading pay rates
- First sight of shifts across multiple NHS trusts
- Access to The Support Hub - our support service to help support your mental health and well-being and enable you to deliver outstanding care.
- Free CPD courses and career support
- Hundreds of new shifts available every day
- Long term jobs and short shifts available
- Lucrative referral scheme
- Appraisal and Revalidation Support
- 24/7/365 service, we're available when you need us
- MBBS or equivalent medical degree
- FRCS or equivalent
- Full registration with the GMC (GMC Specialist Registration would be preferred but not essential)
- Right to work in the UK
your application has been submitted
Back to job search