We are currently seeking a full time Speciality Doctor to deliver high-quality clinical service to patients on an adult acute mental health ward, which will be commissioned by the NHS - 9 beds in total
Working 37.5 hrs p/w
You will work closely with the multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant Psychiatrist, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centred treatment programme based on the recovery model.
Requirements for the role:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience of working in psychiatry
- MRCPsych (desirable)
- Section 12 approval (desirable)
- AC status (desirable)
Experience of working within a secure and/or step-down setting and as part of a multi-disciplinary team would be advantageous.
- Participation in an on-call rota for the site.
- Undertake psychiatric and external assessments for clients referred to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of the Consultant Psychiatrist & work with the unit multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme.
- Prepare reports and other associated documentation as necessary e.g. for CPA meetings, as directed and supervised by the Consultant Psychiatrist.
- Participation in learning activities and supervision of other non-consultant doctors and other staff.
- Clinical Governance activities, account for contracted hours utilised in research, Continuing Professional Development and other non-clinical duties as necessary and in a timely manner.
- Exercise flexibility in outlook and respond appropriately in response to reasonable changes in the demands of the service.
- Assist the Medical Director and Director of Clinical Services in achieving the unit's objectives for promoting its reputation as a quality service which is attractive to purchasers, clients and carers. This may involve active planning and participation in promotional activities such as Open Days.
Benefits include: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays pro rata your Birthday as an extra days annual leave, additional long service leave, online benefits and cashback rewards and subsidised meals, contributory pension.
UK DBS (police) check and references will be required so please have contact details available for us to apply for references for you.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search