Job plan / Timetable available upon request
The post holder will work alongside the multi-disciplinary team and a SAS psychiatrist and be expected to provide professional expertise and clinical leadership undertake detailed assessments of clinical risks and liaising closely with community and acute care pathway colleagues as well as GPs and carers.
The Team gets about 80 referrals a month, average case load of 30 patients receiving acute home treatment support at any time.
The CRHT Team are the gatekeepers to the Acute Care Pathway. Most referrals come via the Single Point of Access, First response team, Community Mental Health Teams (Adults of Working Age) and mental health liaison services. The CRHTT supports alternatives to admission to the inpatient where clinically appropriate and supports early discharge from hospital and focus is on relapse prevention.
The team consists of:
1 X Full time Consultant Psychiatrist
1 X Full time Specialty Doctor
1 x Full time GP Trainee
1 X Full time medical/ team secretary
6 X Full time community psychiatric nurses
2 X Full time social workers
1 X Full time senior occupational therapist
1 X Full time psychologists
Part time assistant psychologist
2 X Full time support workers
- You'll be expected to do regular home visits across the catchment area.
- Work independently on a day-to-day basis, providing supervision to multidisciplinary team.
- Provide medical leadership and contribute to the clinical effectiveness of a well-established CRHTT.
- Manage, appraise, give professional supervision to junior medical staff as agreed between consultant colleagues and the medical director
- Undertake administrative duties associated with the care of patients, recording clinical activity accurately and comprehensively.
- Participate in service and business planning activity for the locality and, as appropriate, for the whole mental health service.
- Participate in annual appraisal for consultants.
- Attend / participate in the academic programme of the Trust, including lectures and seminars as part of the internal CPD programme.
- Participate in annual job plan review with the Medical Director, to ensure the post is developed to consider changes in service configuration and delivery associated with modernisation.
- To participate in the Consultant On-Call rota which covers Adults of Working Age and Older Adults.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions
your application has been submitted