This is a unique opportunity to work alongside a Consultant Psychiatrist covering a maximum of 10 (female only) patients, referred to the psychiatric intensive care unit.
At this Hospital, extensive medical support is offered to female only patients who are over the age of 18, providing mental health services over a total of three wards:
- 10 bed female PICU
- 9 bed female acute
- 9 bed female low secure
- The medical team comprises of two permanent Consultant Psychiatrists, each supported by a speciality doctor and a full multidisciplinary team.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist on your ward of 10 patients (maximum), to provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the patients.
During working hours, you will be responsible for admitting new patients and reviewing their mental and physical health throughout their admission and at appropriate intervals.
General working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00 - 17:00, with a 1 in 5 on call frequency.
Each patient must be interviewed and reassessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs.
You will support the Consultant and MDT with assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment of patients.
Good communication within the ward MDT is essential.
For this role, you must have:
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months' adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting (preferred)
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983 (2007) and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and write clear and comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
- Participation in the 1 in 5 on call frequency.
In return you will get:
- Salary: up to £85,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Opportunity to progress to a consultant through the CESR programme and support with MRCPsych examinations
- Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Departmental education programmes and peer group support.
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
- FREE meals on duty.
- Access to a pooled wellbeing fund which is used to improve the health and wellbeing of all priory staff
- Supportive staff
- Dedicated office space
- Manageable caseload / inpatient caseload - the role covers 10 beds working alongside one Consultant
The Hospital provides acute adult and forensic mental health services and was rated as 'Good' in its most recent CQC inspection.
All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer. The Hospital will cover the cost of a DBS check.