If you are an experienced Junior Doctor or SHO in Psychiatry then this could be the perfect role for you to level up and develop a career in CAMHS - ANY previous experience in Psychiatry is acceptable, making this an amazing career enhancing opportunity!
We are seeking a Speciality Doctor for a Child and Adolescent Mental Health Ward.
Permanent Full-Time Contract
37.5 hours per week
The successful candidate must have:
- An MBBS qualification, or equivalent
- Full registration with the General Medical Council (GMC).
Section 12 is not essential but preferable.
This post does not involve any on-call responsibilities as there is a Resident Medical Officer on site at all times.
- Undertake psychiatric and medical assessments for young people admitted to the unit to determine the appropriate level of care to be provided, under the direction and supervision of a Consultant Psychiatrist and work with the unit multi-disciplinary team to ensure delivery of the Care Programme.
- Prepare reports and other associated documentation as necessary e.g. for CPA meetings and ward rounds, as directed and supervised by a Consultant Psychiatrist. You will also be expected to attend daily multidisciplinary handover meetings.
- The successful candidate will have weekly supervision sessions with one of the consultants.
- The post holder will be expected to attend the weekly postgraduate CPD meeting.
- The post holder will be expected to participate in Clinical Governance and to carry out audits.
- The post holder will be expected to teach medical students from University College London.
- The post holder will be able to demonstrate evidence of foundation training and competencies (or equivalent) including experience of working within the field of psychiatry.
Benefits include (but are not limited to):
Annual leave entitlement of 25 days (plus 8 bank/public holidays), with additional leave for long service and a contributory pension.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
The successful candidate will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. The Hospital will cover the cost of a DBS check
your application has been submitted
Back to job search