Are you interested in developing your skills in a niche area of Psychiatry, specialising in (Female) Personality Disorders.
We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Speciality Doctor or Associate Specialist at a Private Psychiatric Hospital
Salary: Up to £34,000 pa (based on 2 days per week)
Part Time (0.4 FTE) - Working across 2 Days per week (Monday/Tuesday)
16 hours per week
You will be fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team.
This role will be based on one ward only - which is a specialist Tier 4 personality disorder ward with 9 beds.
The staff at this Private Psychiatric Hospital aim to provide a welcoming, non-institutional environment, offering personalised treatment for service users with an eating disorder or personality disorder over two separate wards.
The team works hard to create a cheerful, non-institutional environment, and to support individuals in their recovery and personal transformation. They make use of a range of therapies including psychodynamic, family, occupational, art, drama and complementary therapies.
Through this job, you'll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through our prestigious CESR programme.
Your role responsibilities...
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
We'll offer you...
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you'll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- FREE meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC registered & MBBS (or equivalent) qualified
- Recent experience in personality disorders and General Adult Psychiatry
- Knowledge of current issues in personality disorders and General Adult Psychiatry
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- (Desirable) Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent
Our CESR programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level - and you'll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties. You'll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development - and you'll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Apply now to progress your career!
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions