Are you interested in developing your skills in a niche area of Psychiatry, specialising in Eating Disorders?
We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Speciality Doctor or Associate Specialist at a Private Psychiatric Hospital
Salary: Up to £90,000(depending on experience)
With us, you'll have the opportunity to progress your career to Consultant level through a CESR programme.
In this role you will be fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team on a ward that provides a highly specialised eating disorder service for women.
This Private Hospital offers personalised treatment for service users. The team aims to create a cheerful, welcoming, non-institutional environment to support individuals in their recovery and personal transformation. They make use of a range of therapies including psychodynamic, family, occupational, art, drama & complementary therapies.
Responsibilities for the role
- Must be able to participate in the on call rota including 1:7 on call and 1 weekend per month.
- Provide high quality treatment under the direction of a Consultant Psychiatrist
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Ensure that medical decisions are implemented as planned
- Uphold policies & procedures and contribute to service governance & development
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
- Provide up-to-date clinical information at all meetings
- Audit medical services & ensure compliance with GMC & other professional guidelines
We'll offer you
- A Competitive salary up to £90,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you'll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Contributory pension scheme
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- FREE meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
We are looking for someone who is...
- Fully GMC registered
- Experienced within a mental health setting
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Knowledgeable of mental health legislation & codes of practice
- An excellent clinical decision maker, with sound judgement & ability to manage risk
- A first-rate communicator who can interview, assess & treat patients & write clear, comprehensive medical notes
- Committed to continued professional development
- Approved under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act & a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, or equivalent (Desirable but not essential)
Our CESR programme
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level - and you'll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You'll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development - and you'll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Apply now to progress your career!
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions