Join the team at this inpatient Clinic to deliver high-quality clinical service to patients across two adult acute admissions wards
Ward 1 - Up to 12 male patients
Ward 2 -Up to 11 female patients
With NO On Calls, you will work closely with the units multi-disciplinary team, including the Consultant, to ensure that patients receive a holistic and person-centric treatment programme based on the recovery model.
This hospitals philosophy is that this journey is all about the individual. By ensuring individualised care is delivered which is evidenced based, people can move through pathways of care as their condition improves. Families and friends are an active part in each person's recovery process and helping all reach the end goal of more independent living where this is possible.
Salary: £75,000-£80,000 depending on experience + other benefits(detailed further below)
Full time/37.5 hours per week (NO on-calls)
This Speciality Doctor role also involves:
- Ensuring an adequate handover to colleagues including out of hours.
- Reviewing the mental state of patients as per the hospital procedure.
- Ensuring that each patient has a full physical health screen upon admission including physical examination, ECG and bloods (the hospital has some phlebotomists).
- Taking a lead with managing any physical health concerns that emerge during inpatient stay.
- Seeking collateral history from other professionals and family.
- Completing discharge letters/reports/s62 forms as required in a timely manner.
- Preparing First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearing reports under supervision of Consultant.
- Depending on your experience, providing oral evidence at First-tier Tribunal and Hospital Managers' hearings under the supervision of Consultant.
- Contributing to the service development by participating in Clinical Governance and CPD activities by conducting audits, research and teaching.
- Work effectively with colleagues to ensure that patients have access to appropriate medical cover at all times.
- Providing prospective cover to other speciality doctors when they are on leave.
- Taking part in the unit first on-call rota
To be successful as a Specialty Doctor, you'll need:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience working in psychiatry within multi-disciplinary teams
- To be in good standing with the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- To have had an appraisal/RITA within the last year
- At least 3 years' experience in Psychiatry
- Experience working as a doctor within a PICU/secure services (Desirable)
- MRCPsych (Desirable)
- Section 12 (2) approval (Desirable)
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (8 days) and your birthday off (total 39 days)
- £75,000 - £80,000 per year
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP) and pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced Maternity Package
- FREE meals while on duty
- Employee Assistance Services
- Continuous learning and development
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Voluntary benefits
There is also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check, holiday financing and much more.
The COVID situation is being closely monitored, with all patients having temperatures taken daily and new admissions have swab tests. As of today, we do not have any cases. All staff to wear surgical masks provided at all times and to use full PPE if patients are unwell, or symptomatic. They have all of the usual infection control procedures in place.
About this employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care.
With a network of over 70 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is opportunity for you to grow and develop.
Every employee is valued and supported, as everyone has an important role to play in the success of the organisation. It is only with the dedication, passion and hard work from staff that excellent care programs that truly benefit the service users can be delivered.
Apply now or call 0208 566 4111 and speak to any member of our Psychiatry team to discuss further, quoting the job reference number above.