Job description: We are looking for a substantive Consultant Psychiatrist / Quality Improvement Lead, specialising in Learning Disabilities. Preferably working full-time but 4 days a...
Full time Speciality Doctor or Associate Specialist to provide assessment and treatment for men with autism, learning disabilities and complex needs while being fully supported by a Consultant Psychiatrist and first-class multidisciplinary team. The hospital where you will be working is accredited by the National Autistic Society's Autism Accreditation programme.
Responsibilities for the role:
- Assess referrals & undertake mental state examinations of service users
- Participate in weekly ward rounds & attend multidisciplinary meetings
- Attend Care Programme Approach & Section 117 meetings & mental health review tribunals
Requirements for the Role:
- Must have full GMC registration.
- Must participate in the 1 in 5 on call doctors' rota
- (Desirable) Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- (Desirable) Experienced in Learning Disabilities
- (Desirable but not essential) Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists
What you will get:
- Salary up to £90,000, depending upon your experience.
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through a CESR programme.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities. You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan/ gain experience across various subspecialties.
- Generous study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you'll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the regions
- Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Company paid life assurance scheme
- Company pension scheme.
- FREE meals on duty
- Smart Health Toolkit, providing fitness programmes, nutrition consultation & health checks
- Tier 2 Sponsorship
- Financial support for further training & personal development
A programme can be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level. This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level - and you'll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties. You'll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development and you'll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Apply now or call 0208 566 4111 and speak to any member of the Psychiatry team for more information.