Full time Speciality Doctor or Associate Specialist to join a Male PICU Ward, providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery of 14 patients. You will be supported by well-established Consultants.
- Assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the Consultant's supervision.
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user's needs.
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, and in other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Care is provided within a medium secure perimeter. Inside the hospital, all patients have an individual en-suite bedroom and there is outdoor space available for all. There are also a range of additional facilities including a vocational cafe, large indoor gym hall, multi-gym, outdoors football pitch and garden area.
Requirements for the Role:
- Must have full GMC registration.
- Must participate in the 1 in 5 on call doctors rota
- (Desirable) Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- (Desirable) Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
- (Desirable) Experience within PICU Services
You will get:
- Salary up to £90,000, depending upon your experience.
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through a CESR programme. You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- The opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- Study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme.
Apply now or call 0208 566 4111 and speak to any member of the Psychiatry team for more information.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
your application has been submitted