Job description: Full time Speciality Doctor to join a Female Acute Ward:To assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant...
Full time Speciality Doctor or Associate Specialist to join a Male PICU Ward, providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery of 14 patients. You will be supported by well-established Consultants.
- Assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the Consultant's supervision.
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user's needs.
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, and in other multidisciplinary meetings.
- Care is provided within a medium secure perimeter. Inside the hospital, all patients have an individual en-suite bedroom and there is outdoor space available for all. There are also a range of additional facilities including a vocational cafe, large indoor gym hall, multi-gym, outdoors football pitch and garden area.
Requirements for the Role:
- Must have full GMC registration.
- Must participate in the 1 in 5 on call doctors rota
- (Desirable) Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- (Desirable) Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
- (Desirable) Experience within PICU Services
You will get:
- Salary up to £90,000, depending upon your experience.
- The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through a CESR programme. You will be interviewed and a programme will be formulated to assess your educational needs and to help you achieve the competencies necessary to help you progress to Consultant level.
- The opportunity to rotate within the wards/services to gain experience across various subspecialties.
- You will be assigned an educational supervisor who will review your progress weekly and oversee your educational development.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- Study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme.
Apply now or call 0208 566 4111 and speak to any member of the Psychiatry team for more information.