- Full time Speciality Doctor to join a Female Acute Ward:
- To assess and diagnose patients; ensure appropriate investigations are carried out, and relevant care plans are put in place, including starting and monitoring medication under the Consultant's supervision.
- To support the multidisciplinary team by providing day to day medical expertise for care delivery; you will be supported by well-established Consultants.
- Ensure interviews and re-assessments are completed appropriate to individual service user's needs.
- Participate in the decision making process for treatment plans and therapeutic programmes, weekly MDT reviews, and in other multidisciplinary meetings.
Care is provided within a medium secure perimeter. Inside the hospital, all patients have an individual en-suite bedroom and there is outdoor space available for all. There are also a range of additional facilities including a vocational cafe, large indoor gym hall, multi-gym, outdoors football pitch and garden area.
Requirements for the Role:
- Must have full GMC registration.
- Must participate in the 1 in 5 on call doctor's rota
- (Desirable) Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act.
- (Desirable) Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists or equivalent qualifications.
- (Desirable) Experience within ACUTE or Forensic Services.
You will get:
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme.
- Regular support and supervision from consultant psychiatrists and multidisciplinary teams.
- Annual leave entitlement, paid leave for your birthday and anniversary of joining the company plus bank holidays.
- Study leave to support your PDP and to take the Royal College exams, attend CPD opportunities and conferences etc.
- Possible rotation between services to support your career development plan.
- The opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities.
- The opportunity to participate in clinical governance, audits, research, and other quality improvement initiatives.
Apply now or call 0208 566 4111 and speak to any member of the Psychiatry team for more information.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.
your application has been submitted
Back to job search