Orthopaedic/Plastics Registrar (PGY3+)
Location: North Island, New Zealand
Employment Type: Locum/Permanent vacancies
Must be PGY3/F3 + with experience in Orthopaedic/Plastic/General Surgery
We are currently seeking an Orthopaedic/plastic Registrar for Hutt Valley Hospital, on the North Island of New Zealand.
Capital & Coast DHB provides secondary and tertiary surgical services across two of its three hospitals. During your time in this role you will:
- *Assess elective patients before surgery, and discuss their management with a consultant.
- *Perform or assist with acute surgery depending on level of experience.
- *Attend planned theatre sessions and conduct such surgical procedures as approved/supervised by the consultant.
- *Complete daily examination of inpatients for whom responsible, ensuring their appropriate management.
- *Supervise the house-surgeon in the management of patients.
The Wellington Region RMO positions are rotational across multiple hospitals, including Wellington Regional, Kenepuru, and Hutt Valley Hospitals which means that you may rotate to these sites during your time with us.
- PGY3/F3 or above by your start date
- Registration is required. New Zealand health care experience is desirable, but candidates from outside of New Zealand will be considered, providing they are eligible to register with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Our experienced consultants will work closely with you to understand your needs and manage your career aspirations. Register with us today and you can benefit from:
- Unparalleled choice of jobs throughout New Zealand
- Expert advice from your own dedicated consultant
About the agency
Experts in placing doctors into permanent and locum positions in New Zealand and across the world.
Global Medics New Zealand is a leading staffing supplier and provides doctors of all grades and specialties to hospitals all over New Zealand. We have hundreds of locum, contract and permanent vacancies available each day in both primary and acute care settings.
We pride ourselves on our knowledge of the market in New Zealand. As preferred suppliers we can offer you a wider choice of roles than any other agencies, with some of the best rates available. Our specialist surgery team will offer you a personal service to ensure all aspects are taken into consideration when securing you a role.
How to apply
Apply online today or for further information, call +64 (0) 9 281 2455 or please email