Emergency Medicine Senior Resident Medical Officer
Position: Senior Resident Medical Officer - Emergency Medicine
Contract: Permanent full time
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Melbourne, Victoria
Use your medical skills and knowledge to help the local community and to provide the highest level of care in an exciting opportunity working in a bustling Meblourne Hospital Emergency Department
Global Medics is currently arranging interviews for an SRMO in emergency medicine for a hospital in Melbourne, Victoria. You will be working as part of a highly professional and enthusiastic team of specialists, junior medical staff and nursing staff providing ED services.
- Provide clinical care, to patients requiring emergency medical services in a complex clinical environment
- coordinate admissions, assisting with patient assessments, implementing treatment plans, and organizing referrals, consultations, and diagnostic investigations
- Assist with discharging patients
- Promote timely treatment to patients to reduce treatment delays
- Prepare and oversee accurate documentation in relation to patient care, maintaining confidentiality and privacy, to ensure timely and efficient communication of patient information
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Additional holidays and leave: allocated days off (ADO), Family and Community Services leave, generous long service leave accruals and parental leave options.
- Salary packaging: pay bills through your pre-tax salary
- Meal Entertainment: salary package the cost of food and drinks.
- Novated leasing: pay the finance and running costs of a new car out of your pre-tax salary.
- Fitness Passport: access to discounted fitness facility membership for you and your family!
The hospital is the major provider of acute secondary and tertiary hospital services on the Mornington Peninsula. With 454 beds, it provides general and specialty medical and surgical services, mental health, maternity, and paediatric services. In its role as a major teaching centre, the hospital has affiliations with Monash University and Deakin University and links with other universities in postgraduate studies.
The hospital is located in a bustling and popular Melbourned suburb, situated on the eastern shoreline of Port Phillip, It has been a popular seaside destination of Melbourne since the 1880s. The local beach is still one of the most frequented in Victoria and is recognised as one of the cleanest in Australia. It was also home to one of the largest exhibitions of sand sculpting in the Southern Hemisphere.
What you need to be considered:
- A primary medical degree
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility for AHPRA Registration via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Completion of at least two years' recent postgraduate experience in an Australian Emergency Department or equivalent Emergency Medicine experience gained in UK foundation year 1 or 2 which includes 2 Emergency terms and preferably a term in Intensive Care Medicine.
How to apply:
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Zakri on
your application has been submitted