Position: Advanced Trainee - ICU
Contract: Permanent full time
Salary: $104,084 - $130,532 - As per NSW State award
Start Date: ASAP
Location: Ryde Hospital, Sydney
Use your medical skills and knowledge to help the local community and to provide the highest level of care in an exciting opportunity working at Ryde hospital in Sydney's North
Global Medics is currently arranging interviews for an advanced trainee in ICU for Ryde hospital in the Northern Sydney health district. You will be working as part of a highly professional and enthusiastic team of specialists, junior medical staff and nursing staff providing ICU services.
- Manage patients requiring intensive care, those at risk of clinical deterioration requiring intensive care, plus pre- and post-intensive care evaluation
- Assisting to manage, diagnose and treat the disturbances associated with severe medical, surgical, obstetric and paediatric illness and the conditions that cause them
- Management of deteriorating and seriously ill patients outside the intensive care unit as well as the intra-hospital transport of critically ill patients
- Communicate patient-relevant information in a timely and clear manner to patients and their families/carers and all staff involved in the patient's care
- Prepare accurate documentation in relation to patient care, this includes entry into medical records, referrals, discharge summaries, reports for coroners, death certificates and any other documentation in relation to patient care and management
- Teach other more junior clinical staff, to ensure an optimal learning environment, promote growth and development of others, and to develop skills in teaching
- Supervise other more junior clinical staff, to enable them to develop the competence and knowledge required for responsible practice
- Relocation assistance negotiable
- Additional holidays and leave: allocated days off (ADO), Family and Community Services leave, generous long service leave accruals and parental leave options.
- Salary packaging: pay bills through your pre-tax salary
- Meal Entertainment: salary package the cost of food and drinks.
- Novated leasing: pay the finance and running costs of a new car out of your pre-tax salary.
- Fitness Passport: access to discounted fitness facility membership for you and your family!
Ryde Hospital is a district general hospital that provides the following services:
- Emergency care and intensive care
- Speciality rehabilitation services and a variety of outpatient services
- General medical
- Elective surgery
- Midwifery care,
- Orthopaedics, aged care and rehabilitation
- Drug and alcohol and mental health
Located 20 minutes north of Sydney's CBD, this region boasts a family friendly environment with plenty of local parks, playgrounds, restaurants and an aquatic centre. It is also conveniently located 8km from Parramatta which is Sydney's 2nd CBD that offers an extensive array of restaurants and shopping options.
What you need to be considered:
- A primary medical degree (MBBS)
- AHPRA Registration or eligibility for AHPRA via the Competent Authority Pathway
- Completion of at least two (2) postgraduate years general practice experience ideally with Anaesthesia and ICU experience.
If you are interested to learn more about this opportunity, apply now or contact Fie at
your application has been submitted
Back to job search