Senior Medical Officer
Location: North West Queensland
Salary: $140,000 to $170,000+ Package
About North West Hospital and Health Service
This hospital and Health Service covers an area of over 300,000 square kilometres and services the rural and remote communities within North Western Queensland and the Gulf of Carpentaria. The Health Service includes the City of Mount Isa and the towns and areas of Burketown, Camooweal, Cloncurry, Dajarra, Doomadgee, Julia Creek, Karumba, Normanton and Mornington Island.
Health professionals are in high demand and working in this area offers a number of personal benefits including living in a unique natural environment close to where you work and a supportive local community.
Some of the professional benefits include:
– Greater autonomy and responsibility
– The variety of working in a multidisciplinary team
– A diverse patient mixAccess to professional development and support networks that will foster skills and develop leadership
– A range of financial benefits such as rural and remote allowances.
About the Role
The Senior Medical Officer reports to the Executive Director of Medical Services and Clinical Governance, and is responsible, to provide clinical care to patients and clinically manage, on a day-to-day basis, the associated multidisciplinary patient care team to ensure the provision of appropriate patient care, delivered to the highest professional and ethical standards.
– Current registration with or/eligible for registration with the Medical Board of Australia
The applicant will hold:
– Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (FRACGP)
– Fellowship in Advanced Rural General Practice (FARGP)
– Australian College of Rural and Remote Medicine (FACRRM)
– Benefits of working with North West HHS
– Committed to providing a wide range of rewarding career opportunities to their employees.
The health service offers generous remuneration packages and employment benefits which include salary sacrificing options, recreational leave loading, generous employer superannuation contribution, shift allowances, locality allowances, professional development assistance, flexible working arrangements, access to corporate discounts, staff wellness programs and the employee assistance program.
Mornington Island is located in the Gulf of Carpentaria, about 444km north of Mount Isa and 28km off the coast of mainland Australia. It has a unique natural environment and is renowned for its rich Indigenous culture and internationally acclaimed artwork that has emerged from the community
Applications will have:
Medical degree, Registration as a Medical Practitioner; Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team & and cultural sensitivity.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org