Job / Medicine: Staff Specialist Paediatrician
Salary: $350000- $450000k + package
Location: Rural NSW
This regional hospital provides generalist and limited specialist services to the surrounding area.The facility has been newly constructed and opened since March 2016 with 140 inpatient beds capacity (open dependent on staffing).
The Paediatric service forms one of the two main Paediatric HUBs within the region. Referrals to hospital come primarily from their smaller health services within the surrounding. The facility also provides support and advice to these services and other paediatric stakeholders in the region.
The hospital includes a dedicated 10 bed Paediatric ward and offers generalist Paediatric services including General Medical admission, Mental Health, limited Paediatric surgery (ENT, Ortho, General surgery).
Both the Paediatric and Maternity wards are staffed with experienced nurses who cover the entire District. Paediatrician is required to provide all direct care required and for this the senior nursing staff are an invaluable resource, with the support of Paediatric registrars in the very near future. The hospital’s paediatric service is supported by a wider Network and as such, referrals for the escalation of care are made to these accordingly via road Ambulance or NETs.
The Paediatric Staff Specialist will participate in the consultant on call roster, assist with the education role of the department, provide clinical care to patients, undertake the management of the nominated service and comply with child protection and domestic violence policies and attend mandatory training. As a member of the senior medical team you will participate in and lead appropriate clinical governance activities and service planning and development as required within the medical services unit and across the whole nominated service
– Co-ordinate and run an inpatient/ambulatory care model/short stay paediatric ward model of care at the hospital.
– Ensure detailed patient treatment plans are in place to support the timely management of patients.
– Ensure a high standard of clinical record documentation is maintained. This includes the completion of the patient’s clinical records (including medication charts / orders) to reflect clinical decisions and the keeping of appropriate databases up-to-date.
– Provision of a consultant service as required by other senior medical staff. Participation in the on-call roster for the department as required. Provision of care to non-inpatients attending department ambulatory clinics as required.
– Be an active participant in clinical activities in the Department.
– Adapt clinical practice in accordance with contemporary evidence based best practice. Provide a phone and/or telehealth consultative service to regional hospitals within the area as well as to General Practitioners and Allied Health when required.
– Preparedness to participate in the provision of health services at an Area level, if credentialed.
– Participate in the facility quality improvement program. Ensure effective clinical handover processes in accordance with facility and guidelines.
– Ensure supervision of junior medical staff in accordance with facility and guidelines
– Participate in the facility and / or clinical governance requirements for ongoing maintenance of professional competence and clinical performance.
– Participation in peer review and other personal development activities consistent with the relevant specialist medical college requirements to maintain professional standards.
– Ensure compliance with the standards contained within the
– Australian Council on Health Care Standards Guidelines for Accreditation.
– Participation in teaching and training at all levels of undergraduate and postgraduate medical education where required by your Head of Department or Clinical Director and in accordance with the requirements of the NSW
– Participate in Departmental training programs and any other training courses specified by facility and/or management that will enhance personal development, skills and knowledge, and practice requirements.
Applications will have:
Medical degree, Registration as a Medical Practitioner; Fellow of the College or equivalent; Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work in a multidisciplinary team & and cultural sensitivity.
For more information on the above opportunity please get in touch via email to email@example.com