Global Medics Ireland was founded in 2006 to provide quality, professional locum doctors to the HSE and in particular the hard to fill consultant positions.
Having quickly established ourselves as a main supplier for the locum short term market we were chosen as a preferred supplier on the National Framework with the HSE. Since March 2011, when the framework began, Global Medics has filled 100% of locum positions received.
From our centre of excellence based in Dublin we work closely with clients across the length and breadth of Ireland and cover all areas of healthcare delivery. Our success in meeting your exact requirements and finding the best doctor for the job is based upon our ability to:
- Provide you with your own specialist consultant who will truly understand your niche sector
- Support you through tailored recruitment initiatives that meet your specific needs
- Recruit worldwide from our global platform of over 50,000 qualified doctors
- Work in partnership with our businesses in Australia, Canada, Ireland and New Zealand to find the best candidates from our global offerings
- Provide access to our global job board, via the Global Medics website, enabling you to communicate directly with our candidates via targeted recruitment drives
At Global Medics Ireland we work with clients across a number of relationship models, from adhoc supply through to bespoke master vendor solutions.
A Master Vendor Engagement Model Case Study – national healthcare provision
Download the: HSE Reference Client Ireland
Healthcare provision in Ireland is centrally managed on behalf of all 61 hospitals across the republic.
As a result of the global financial crisis in 2010, the health service’s original agency agreement of five contractors, of which Global Medics was one, was replaced with a master vendor service offering. This new offering would cover a suite of engagement models including long term placements and short term rapid supply and would be across all grades and specialties.
Ireland’s national requirements were separated into three lots, based on regions, and the tender process aimed to identify a master vendor for each lot. In March 2011, Global Medics was awarded Lot 3: Southern Ireland, which includes 20 hospitals.
As master vendor our implementation plan engages equally with all hospitals, whether remote or city based. By identifying the key stakeholders in each hospital we could map the booking procedure and requirements through regular meetings and usage reviews and from our findings put in place an effective plan of action.
At a time when healthcare delivery in Ireland is under increasing pressure and with an estimated 70% of doctors from overseas, continuity and consistency in supply, along with standards of clinical excellence, were of paramount importance.
- We built dedicated regional pools of locums based on our client’s historical usage, perceived future requirements and pressure points.
- Within three months we had achieved supply in excess of 99% across all grades and specialties. With support provided from our UK operations, we agreed a cascade process to a second tier agency for supply, as part of our contingency planning.
- We agreed practices for working together, including contract obligations and
standards of excellence, which were reviewed on a weekly basis.
- We equally agreed, in partnership, to work as a second tier provider to this agency for Lot 1 and 2.
Management and delivery of our services:
To ensure that our client’s requirements were fully met in terms of quality, costs and timely delivery of our services, the following was implemented:
- We agreed with the client objectives and performance benchmarks, including response times, fill rates and reporting requirements.
- In order to meet the client’s principle driver of cost reduction the contract is managed by a fixed rate card, directed by the client.
- By managing our supply profile through nearly 100% direct supply and incorporating pay reductions, we have been able to secure tangible cost reductions compared to previous supply.
- Additional cost savings are made through offering a suite of engagement models at a lower base cost.
- We map the procedures of what we do – response times, fill rates, customer feedback – and this is reviewed on a weekly basis between the dedicated account manager and account director. Any variances identified result in immediate corrective action.
- Performance delivery and any escalated issues are reported to the client on a monthly basis.
- Adherence to compliance standards are monitored by the client through quarterly audit reviews. To date we have achieved a 100% pass rate.
Selection process for locum doctors:
To guarantee that the client received high quality, qualified and relevant locums:
- The recruitment and selection of suitable doctors includes interviewing all candidates, completing the compliance registration process and referencing.
- To meet the client’s requirements for speciality doctors we completed the compliance process for suitable candidates located in our international operations. By continually tracking their availability, we can immediately respond to any of our client’s needs.
- We implemented a bespoke client approval process whereby we forward all candidates with an audited CV, their last two references and a copy of their ‘right to work’ records confirming compliance requirements, which the client can access via our online portal.
- This process ensures that the client can approve doctors swiftly and effectively whilst being able to meet their own internal due diligence procedure.
- On completion of each assignment lasting longer than five days our client control process forwards quality assessments for feedback on the performance of our locums. This feedback and the doctors’ own experiences form an integral part of their appraisal and career development process.