New Zealand has a public and private healthcare system, both offering high quality care. With a wide-ranging healthcare system comes an abundance of opportunities for healthcare professionals covering many disciplines and specialties.
The Medical Council of New Zealand has a ‘Locum Tenens Registration’ that allows Doctors with certain qualifications to work here as a Specialist for a period of up to 12 months. With completed paperwork, the process takes 20 working days. This allows us to offer short term contracts from 6 months+.
In addition to the straightforward registration process, there are many benefits of working in New Zealand including:
- World class healthcare system with excellent facilities.
- New Zealand healthcare professionals have an excellent international reputation for their training and practise
- Fantastic work and life balance, with the diversity of beaches, mountains and outdoor activities
These specialities are in high demand at present:
- Psychiatrists – General Adult and Child and Adolescent specialisms
- Radiologists – General Radiology
- Surgeons – General Surgery, ENT, Ophthalmology, Orthopaedics
- Emergency Physicians
- General Physicians – including physicians that sub specialise in: Gastroenterology, Diabetes and Endocrinology, Cardiology, Respiratory medicine, Dermatology and Nephrology.
Global Medics New Zealand has 15 years’ international medical recruitment and advisory experience. We are based in Auckland and work with leading professional service providers in New Zealand. The New Zealand office has strong connections with our overseas offices – resulting in round the clock availability and advice for you.